RESOURCES ON TRANS IDENTITY/EXPERIENCE & GENDER DIVERSITY
- Trans 101 handout
- Blog posts on transgender basics and resources
- Flipboard magazine of popular media articles on transgender mental health and psychology
Websites & Blogs
- Janet Mock's blog: Janet Mock is one of the best writers (if not THE best writer) on transgender identity, experience, and issues. She takes an importantly intersectional and critical lens and provides accessible and entertaining commentary on pop culture and trans news.
- A Gender Variance Who's Who: a collection of bios of gender-variant people from modern day and throughout history
- There from Here: Jennifer Finney Boylan's eloquent blog
- TransAdvocate: A Huffington Post-esque aggregate of blogs focusing on trans identity, experience, and issues.
- Tranifesto: No longer being updated due to Matt Kailey's death, the website now serves as an archive of Kailey's blog posts. Kailey was a transgender man and an elder of the community. His blog was an invaluable collection of personal reflection, political commentary, how-to resources, and Q&As.
- Transgender articles on Autostraddle: Autostraddle is a queer website focused on "girl-on-girl" culture and community. They have a number of really amazing trans women writing for them, as well as some awesome non-binary folks. Full disclosure: I used to write for them, too.
SPECIFIC ARTICLES, ETC.
- 7 TED Talks on the transgender experience
- Your Questions Answered: an illustrated post that reads like a Q&A with Dr. Johanna Olson, Director of the Center for Trans Youth Health and Development at the Los Angeles Children's Hospital
- Check out my list of recommended books on Goodreads.