I believe psychotherapy can bring about meaningful change for a client when it successfully helps that person recognize and disrupt unhealthy/unhelpful patterns in their lives, feel more empowered, experience less shame, and engage in less avoidance.
Cognitive-behavioral and interpersonal theories shape my understanding of how to bring about these mediating changes, though I am still a student and acknowledge that my theoretical approach and preferred techniques will shift and expand as I gain more experience and training.
Practicum Student, 12 Sherpas, PLLC (2015-present)
- Services Provided: Trans-affirmative psychotherapy, neuropsychological assessments
- Population: Adults and adolescents with gender dysphoria, adults seeking neuropsych evaluation
- Supervisors: Greg Perri, Psy.D., & Amy Greenamyer, Ph.D.
Practicum Student, Brighter Futures, PLLC (Summer 2015)
- Services Provided: Psychological assessments
- Population: Children, adolescents
- Supervisors: Nick Watters, Ph.D., & C. J. Quick, LPPC
Practicum Student, Dr. Joanna E. Morse's Private Practice (Summer 2015)
- Services Provided: Psychosocial assessment for medical transition (e.g., HRT) referral; group therapy
- Population: Transgender Adults
- Supervisor: Joanna Morse, Psy.D.
Practicum Student, Seven Counties Services Transitions Program (2014-2015)
- Services Provided: Individual therapy (TF-CBT); Family therapy (PCIT)
- Population: Children and Families w/Disruptive Bx and/or Trauma Histories
- Supervisors: Jessica Mattingly, Psy.D., & David Finke, Ph.D.
Practicum Student, UofL Depression Center (2013-2015)
- Services Provided: Trauma-focused individual therapy
- Population: Veterans w/Trauma Histories
- Supervisor: Eric Russ, Ph.D.
- I am available to help clinicians better understand trans people, their identities, communities, and mental health issues, and better understand how to engage with trans clients therapeutically.
- I have experience with individual consultation as well as workshop-style trainings.
- Please see my consultation page for more information.
EBTs I hAVE RECEIVED TRAINING IN
- Prolonged Exposure
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy